Good Luck, Danish Muqri!!

Last Saturday I took Danish to Astro for an audition. He's been asking me to take him there because he said that there was an audition for kids' programme called 'Tom Tom Bak'. Personally, I don't quite favour some of the segments in the show except for one where kids were asked to talk about any topics with the compere - Aznil Hj Nawawi.

When Danish mentioned about this audition, deep down inside, I wished that he would just leave it as it is. But he kept on boasting to everyone that he's meeting Uncle Aznil on Saturday. Gosh!!!! Yup, being a good mother, I had no choice but to oblige....

So, there we were, at the entrance of Astro....wow, there were many people and kids around. I wondered if Danish ever got a chance to register. Well, we herded through the crowd and managed to get to the registration counter. I quickly filled up the form and the staff gave Danish number 216. I found out that there were about 25 kids ahead of us and we had to wait for the crew to call out our number. We waited for about one hour and I observed that parents were the ones who got excited over this audition thingy. I could see that some of the parents were actually telling their children about what to say, what to do, etc...

As for myself, I was there merely because Danish has got the experience appearing, talking and acting in front of the camera. He played the lead role in 'Haiwan Teladan' on TV3 the whole of Ramadhan this year. And I know he's got the talent and he's interested in it. But I was not going to push his limit because I gave him the freedom to choose what he wanted and if he felt that he didn't want to proceed, then, I would not press further....

Since he was the one who's been asking me to take him to the audition, I guess I'd just have to fulfil his wish....

Ok, back to the audition....when the crew called out Danish's number 216, Danish hurriedly rushed to him and I followed suit. But, unfortunately, I was not allowed to enter the audition room. There goes my chance to meet Aznil face-to-face....hahaha....

So, I left Danish at the entrance and waited patiently for him outside. Within few minutes, other kids started to come out of the room but there was no sign of Danish. Well, he might be having a good time with Uncle Aznil and so I thought. After about half an hour, my eldest son emerged from the door and walked towards me with 'as-if-nothing-had-happened' expression. When I asked what did Uncle Aznil asked him, he answered, "The usual thing, Mama". Hmmm....the usual thing? Must be about what he wanted to be when he grows up and stuff like that....
When I asked if Uncle Aznil was a good looking man, Danish simply answered, "Muka Uncle Aznil macam tu la, Mama"....hmmmm, ok, I would not ask him anymore questions.....

Well, I am now waiting anxiously for Astro to give me a call if Danish makes it through....it doesn't matter much to me because it's totally up to Danish. It's his call to decide if he passes the audition with flying colours......

Good luck and all the best to you, Danish Muqri!!!!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
wah, good luck to Danish. Best nye dapat jumpa Uncle Aznil face to face :)
Hi there Catz,

Congrats and selamat pengantin baru!!! Sorry if the wish came in a bit late but better late than never, huh...

About Danish, he keeps on asking when can he know the result of the audition...and frankly, I don't have the answer myself...hihihi....kesian dia, too excited agaknyer...

take care, catz...(shall i just call u catz here or do u prefer your real name? heheh)
jabishah said…
Dikny,

So, that was the reason for not coming to my party... hehehe!

All the best Danish but I have the feeling he will get thru. My girls so love tom tom bak & did ask to go for audition. Shld I? I malaslah nak beratur...
Ja,
Tak payah beratur...they are very organised and systematic...
If there's any audition, I think you should send your girls especially the talented Balqis...heheh...

Popular posts from this blog

Camner Ek?

8 Years Already...

A & B