Happy Ramadhan

It's already the third day of Ramadhan and Muslims all over the world are fasting and praying that Ramadhan this year will be a blessed one.

The first day of Ramadhan this year marked a very important day for my eldest son, Danish. It's his first time fasting ever and also his first appearance on TV3.

Let me tell you about his first fasting experience....He's 6 years old and it's high time that we trained him to fast full day. During sahur, I woke him up gently and to my surprise he sat up without any sound and walked slowly to the dining table. He requested for telur goreng with chilli sauce and plain rice. I had them ready on the table beforehand. He ate silently and didn't even bother to look at me and my husband. After finishing his meal, he quietly switched on the tv and sat down on the sofa. But I guess he was too sleepy to talk or to smile and he dozed off just a few minutes later. However, I managed to remind him to wake up early in the morning to watch his debut appearance on tv. He merely nodded and fell asleep.

At approximately 8:45 in the morning, I woke him up and told him that he'd be on tv that day. He rushed to the living room and switched on the tv. By now, everyone's awake and sat down excitedly in front of the tv. At about 9:05, the show started and I was nervous, yes, I was too excited and all of us were glued to the screen. The show was called Haiwan Teladan and it's showing over TV3 every weekday the whole of Ramadhan. In between laughter and awe, I could see Danish smiling awkwardly whenever the camera had a close-up of him. Perhaps, he was shy seeing his own being on tv or perhaps he was just feeling proud of himself. Well, no matter how you felt, my dear, I'm so proud of you.....Danish is indeed a natural on tv and I recommend all you readers out there, if you have the opportunity, do catch him on air...

Danish is such a high-spirited boy. He didn't look tired or hungry the whole day and it's only his first day fasting. Now, that's something that my family should be proud of. His grandfather promised to give him RM1 for each day that he fasts. Mama and Papa promised the same thing too and just now his Uncle Shon promised him RM1 also. Wow, what a motivation.....I didn't really expect him to fast the whole 30 days of Ramadhan, if he feels like breaking fast in the middle of the day, I would let him....he's only 6 anyway but I highly hope that he would be strong enough to complete the whole month and get his RM120 gift.

Ok, enough with Danish. I'm going to tell you about what we had for break fast as well as sahur.

First day sahur, we had leftover kampung chicken rendang from the night before (my mom cooked this dish and it's so yummy!!!), gulai lemak cili padi daging and chilli prawn. For break fast, I cooked ikan keli goreng cili and spinach soup with mango drink. There were also roti john and curry puff which my husband bought from UK Perdana bazaar Ramadhan.

Second day, for sahur we had the same dish as break fast plus fried anchovies. For break fast, I cooked prawn stir fried with long beans and carrot, fucuk soup and telur asin.

For sahur just now, we had the same dish as the night before plus hot tea.

Sorry no photos of the food....I'll try and snap some.....

Office starts a bit earlier than usual at 8 in the morning and I go back at 4:30 pm just in time to cook and prepare for break fast.

Well, I'd have to juggle everything at one go but I'm not complaining, I just feel blessed with what I have been given and for what I have become today.....

Happy Ramadhan and don't forget to catch Danish on tv3......

Comments

Nic said…
I knew there was something I was supposed to watch out for this Ramadan and now I remember. It's your son on TV! Ok will def check it out (^_^)
Ila,
Many people said exactly the same thing, there's something that they're supposed to watch every morning this month.....hihihhihi....if you do manage to catch the show, tq in advance :)

Popular posts from this blog

Camner Ek?

8 Years Already...

Cyst