Forever Grateful

Today marks the 18th day of Ramadhan.

How time flies.....

When I was around 8 years old, I felt that fasting during Ramadhan was such a heavy and difficult chore. Time moved too slow and the weather was not friendly either. Nevertheless, I enjoyed every second of my fasting journey back then. I really looked forward to break fast, sahoor and terawikh prayers. I hardly missed the terawikh prayers which were only available during Ramadhan. My parents made sure that my two brothers and I break fast on time, have our sahoor together and perform our terawikh prayers without fail.

I am forever grateful. I cannot thank my parents enough for bringing us up so well.

At present, Ramadhan just passes us by. Without realizing it, Aidilfitri is just around the corner. I told my children that when I was about their age, I couldn't wait for Ramadhan to arrive, I looked forward to it. But now, we don't have to wait for Ramadhan, it will quickly come to us and go just like that.

We have to take advantage of what Ramadhan offers us. We need to double up our deeds and efforts in seeking forgiveness from The Almighty. We must do charity as much as we can afford to.

All in all, Ramadhan is the best month to rejuvenate, to evaluate and to reflect. I, myself, am not perfect. I have my flaws and I commit mistakes all the time. I only hope and pray that my efforts in becoming a better Muslimah will be blessed so that I will have a place in Jannah, insyaAllah.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camner Ek?

8 Years Already...

I'm Just An Ordinary Woman