Reading issue....again

My good friends Ja and Shera are catching up well with their readings.....
Knowing the fact that they made it a point to read whenever possible makes me wonder if I could do the same......
I'm still searching high and low for the luxury to sit back and read peacefully....I tried and I tried so hard....but the moment I started to sit down on the sofa and opened the book, my dear heroes would come and start knocking on the cover of the book and asking too many questions on what I was doing, what I was reading, why I was reading, etc, etc. I realised that I spent more time in answering their questions than reading the book!!!
At last, I ended up putting the book away and joined them instead.....there I went, the book was left untouched again......
Gosh!!! I was thinking for possibilities of going away for a few days to just catch up on reading but that would be a bit cruel and unfair to my little ones......sigh...
I guess I just have to be a bit more patient until my children understand the value of reading and instead of bugging me, they would join me later....perhaps...

Comments

Shera said…
Dikny,
Dont be so hard on yourself. I am blessed that my girls find the telly more entertaining than their grumpy mom with a book in hand. I now carry a big handbag, u know. It has my Readers Digest and storybooks, so I can read at the bank, clinic, even a stop at the traffic light (dangerous though). I also end up sleeping late at wee hours to finish up, when the girls are soundly asleep. Still it takes me almost a week to 'khatam' a book. Take it easy dear....
Lee said…
Hi Liza, read your previous posting of your o/seas visitors. Very impressed. It is always interesting to meet peoples from other countries who come to see, to learn and to question...you feel good later.

Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers. ~Charles W. Eliot.

You have a nice day, Lee.
Shera,
Thanx for the motivation.....I know I can always count on TESLians...hihi


U.Lee,
It is indeed interesting to be able to meet with people from different countries...this happens almost every month at my workplace, so you can just imagine the kind of workload that I have to endure, but I'm not complaining, it makes me a better person actually....
Being one of my favourite hobbies, reading has such a big impact on me and that is why I take it too seriously I guess....
You have a nice day too....
Nic said…
dikny, i used to have to read to my daughter to sleep first and then i can hope on picking up a book..
but now she's 7 and we read side by side in bed, of course while baby Sarah is napping..
hehe anyway all i'm sayin, i hear ya sistah.. but it'll get better

Popular posts from this blog

Camner Ek?

8 Years Already...

A & B