I'm A Homemaker

Dear readers,

Today is my first official day of being a homemaker. Something which I have looked forward to for years and finally, here I am, ready to play the role of a fulltime wife, mother and daughter. Not that I didn't do any of those things before but now I'm doing all these on fulltime basis without having to share my time with office people, clients, etc, etc.....

Am I happy? Of course, in fact, I feel so relieved. Why? Those who are close to me know that I have been in the corporate world for 11 solid years. Some people wouldn't believe the way I worked because I really put all effort in whatever I was doing. I didn't mix personal with professional...personal is personal and professional is professional. I was thankful that I managed to separate these two all this while.....

Whenever was given a task, I would definitely put my full thoughts, energy and passion in it until it became a success. There were failures and hiccups along the way, no doubt, but I would quickly recover and make everything back to normal again and strive hard to become better in the next project. To tell the truth, it was not easy, certainly not easy but I braved through it all. I didn't really care so much about what other people in the workplace thought about me. I knew what I wanted and I often got what I've worked hard for.

I started with being a school teacher after graduating with a bachelor degree. After few years, I became adventurous and ventured into the corporate world at one of the leading organisations in the capital city. Then, I got even more adventurous and accepted an offer to lead one big team for a mega project at a different company. Well, I guess after a while I felt I needed a break. So, I took a break for almost a year and after which I accepted a job again as a team leader at a multimedia company. Then, I decided to further my studies and took a break for a while. After that, I got an offer to become an editor at a local university and I didn't know what good I could have done that I was offered to become a manager of a department at the same workplace. Of course, knowing me, I took the challenge and the experience really opened my eyes to opportunities. It had indeed somehow turned me into a better person and I slowly became more humble in life as I realised that being a boss, well, I prefer to be called a leader, was extremely challenging because I faced and dealt with many different people with different attitudes everyday. Someone of my position in that particular seat must be strong in all aspects - mental, emotional, physical, etc. I was glad that I went through it all in a breeze, being a patient and responsible person in nature, I managed to take the department to a different level altogether and people began to appreciate the staff more.

Now, looking back, I've done a great job in the corporate world even just for only 11 years. But I have got what I wanted and now, I'm dedicating myself to something more challenging - my own family -, it's all up to me, together with my better half of course, to mould and nurture our children so that they would grow up healthy and wealthy (this is another issue to be blogged later, hihi) and make us proud with whatever they might be achieving in the years to come. InsyaAllah.

Come what may, I'll face it, oohh, la la.....

Comments

Mummy Ryan said…
Kak liza..so nice...wish you all the BEST k n keep in touch
Mummy Ryan,

Tq for the support. Hopefully you'll follow suit soon. I wish you all the best too...

take care..

Popular posts from this blog

Camner Ek?

8 Years Already...

A & B