Sigh!!!

Last Tuesday, on the way back from picking up Danish from school, the sky was threatening to rain heavily. It was very dark making it look like night time. However, luckily, the traffic was not too bad.

As I was driving, one of my sons said that he saw a car broke down. I drove past the car and saw that there was a lady in her late 30s and carrying an infant. Beside her on the right was a small girl and on the left another girl. Could be her daughters. They were standing by the roadside, behind their MPV. The emergency lights were on. The lady was just smiling, looking cool and she was trying to console the daughter on her right who looked like crying. The lady then tried to stop the cars that passed by. I slowed down my car and I was about to stop when suddenly I heard a loud honking behind me. There was a lorry honking me like mad right behind my car. I was startled and sped off. Damned the lorry. Couldn't the driver see what was happening? Even if the driver didn't want to help, at least, be patient and give me time to stop for a while. Deep down inside, I felt guilty for I didn't do anything to help the lady. I knew exactly how she must have felt. Having to carry a baby with two other daughters on tow and a car that broke down.

I wondered if there was any car stopping and helping her. I felt really bad and the feeling stayed with me up till today.

So much for being a caring citizen, huh?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camner Ek?

8 Years Already...

Cyst