My Big Boy

It's school holidays and it's also shooting days for Haiwan Teladan Season 2. The readers of my blog would surely understand what Haiwan Teladan was all about. Yes, my eldest, Danish, was one of the actors in this particular kids' show of TV3.

After the success of Season 1, Danish was chosen again to act in Haiwan Teladan Season 2. When I first got the schedule, I was a little bit taken aback because the shooting would take place the whole week of school holidays including the weekends. And the time would be from 9 in the morning until around 7 in the evening. Wow, such a tight schedule for Danish but I was sure he could cope.

Come rehearsal day which was yesterday, we went to the location as early as 8 as we were told to be on time. When the rehearsal started, I noticed that Danish was not as noisy and active as he used to be in the previous season. Even the producer and the compere noticed this. They came and asked me about Danish's 'unusual' behaviour. Well, what was I to say, I myself didn't know what happened to Danish. I had to admit that he looked bored and tired. Furthermore, he had no friends since the other kids were younger and smaller than him except for one girl who also appeared in the first season. Both of them were together most of the time, could be due to the fact that they were of the same age and they had known each other during the previous season.

After the rehearsal, Danish confessed to me that he was no longer interested in acting for the show. Mind you, I did not ask him about what happened at all. He came out with the confession himself. As I had told you before, he was the expressive type, he would pour out his feelings and his thoughts without anyone having to push him for information. Danish told me that he was bored to death and the show was only for small children and not for school boys like him. He even said that it's school holidays and he was supposed to enjoy his holidays, not confined to a studio the whole day! Yes, that's my son talking....

Well, I guess I had no choice but to respect his decision. I could not force him, could I? If that's how he felt, then, that's how it should be. There was no use forcing him when in actual fact, he's not enjoying every second of it. Of course, it would not do him any good too when he's not happy with it.

So, this morning, I called up the producer and told her nothing but the truth. I was not surprised when the producer suddenly sounded sad because I knew that the whole production team loved Danish. I also knew that everyone would miss Danish so much....

To fans of Haiwan Teladan,
Sorry that Danish would not be around this coming Ramadhan but you could still catch him over TV3 every Friday at 7pm now for previous season reruns. You could also watch him online on catch-up shows.

To my dear Danish Muqri,
I'm happy for whatever decisions that you have made thus far. You know that I'm right by your side and as long as you are happy, nothing could beat that. I now fully realised that you are such a big boy already...

Comments

jabishah said…
Dikny,

You made the right decision... And Danish will grow up to be a mature man (which is kinda rare these days.. hehehe). Even at a tender age of 7 he knows the best for him. I'm sure there will be other better production that will suit his age.
Ja,

I'm glad that Danish made his decision too. He's one boy with a mind of his own...

Takpe, Tom Tom Bak ada this coming May, heheh...
Mummy Ryan said…
Kak Liza,

Danish already become big boy...he knw hw to think then wanna spend more time wth u & his familys...so u must respect his decision...
BTW jgn lupa sms yer bila Tom2 Bak nak kluar tv...heheh
Mummy Ryan,

Tu la, Danish dah besar kan...badan dia pun makin besar, heheh...

Nanti Tom Tom Bak new season starts, I'll sms u...

Popular posts from this blog

Camner Ek?

8 Years Already...

Cyst