I Appreciate Her

After I left the company, a good friend of mine left the company too but for a very different reason. It was too personal to blog about but I needed to tell you readers out there about this amazing friend of mine.

She's my age with two adorable kids and a loving husband. I got to know her a few months after I joined the company. It was kinda late getting to know her because she was stationed at a different floor at that time. But we exchanged hellos and smiles every now and then. When she was transferred to the same floor with me, we somehow got to know each other better. There were not many colleagues of our age at the office, only 6 of us and we were not that young anyway, the office was full of younger generation, those who had just graduated and fresh. This made me feel closer to her compared to the other colleagues.

To tell the truth, she seemed to understand myself better than the others. Age could be the most logical reason. Also, it was because she's the type of person who would listen to you whenever you needed her and she's the type of person who would recommend alternatives to problems which seemed impossible to you. Yes, that's how she had made me feel all the while at the office. She's a great lady and I respect her so much for just being her one and only true self.

Professionally, she's a diligent worker, a smart one I might add. She graduated from overseas and this somehow made her perceive things a little bit differently from others, could be because of her exposures being abroad for a few years. That's why I really liked talking and discussing things with her. During office hours, she worked like nobody's business. She would try hard to complete any tasks given to her on time and as far as I know, she's a successful executive being known as someone who had managed to bring in millions to the company since she started work at the same place 10 years back. Yup, she's one of the most loyal employees because she could endure being at the same place for 10 years. She should be appreciated more by the company looking at what she had done and contributed to the success of the organization.

Well, sadly to say, today, she would no longer need to rush during the early hours of the morning to hurriedly get to the office. She would not have to be at her wit's end trying to get some business in for the organization anymore. Today onwards, she's free from all the office politics and ridiculous regulations. Indeed, she's no longer working in the same company which she had poured in her energy, brilliant ideas and endless support regardless of what the company had labeled her. She's one patient and strong woman, I might say...

To my dear ex-colleague and friend,
You are like a sister to me and I wish you all the best....I'm sure there are many more opportunities out there for you, you'd just have to choose which one is the most suitable for you and which one should treat you better because you deserved to be appreciated well and whenever you need me, I'm just a facebook, ym or blog away.....
Good luck!

Comments

abahgirls said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
jellynajal said…
kakak tu dah kena retrench ke kak liza?
Jal,

something like that...but sadder...
nak buat camner kan, rezeki masing2...
jabishah said…
Dikny darling...

Sorry I hv missed a lot on your posts. I know! I know! I ve been tagged... Will do it. Don't worry. No dead line kan?? ;-)

Welcome to the world of homemaking... eeiii tak vogue nya bunyi. Let me rephrase that. Welcome to the world of ladies in control. (too bad that we are not really ladies of leisure.. ahaks!)
But really dear, you will get used to it & in the end of the day upon seeing all your heroes soundly asleep in bed, you will retire to bed with a satisfaction smile.

Homemakers nowadays no longer do social networking over the fence or at the playground. Itu bibik je yg buat skrg. We do it over the Net... Savvy lah konon! Hehehe! Anything just let me know. Im just a click away. (((hugs)))

Popular posts from this blog

Camner Ek?

8 Years Already...

A & B