My Best Kept Secret

It's been almost one month since I last blogged. Indeed I was busy like anything, so many things to do and so many missions to be accomplished....

There are many things and issues that I would like to blog about. Well, let's see...hmmm....why don't I start with my reading issue?

Okay, if you have been following my blog, you'd know that I have an issue with reading. Reading is my hobby since young.....but with three heroes around, I found it extremely difficult to make the time to read anything at all.....

However, now, I am proud to say that for the past two and a half months (I started on 26th January 2009), I have managed to read five novels and I am currently reading my sixth!!!! Is that an achievement or what? I, myself, was shocked to discover that I have read five books within three months....How did I manage to do that? Actually, it took my whole willpower to start on a book and somehow I couldn't stop since then. I could still remember clearly what Arwah Shera (my late good friend) once told me. She carried quite a big handbag with her and she put a book inside where she would make it a point to read whenever she had the opportunity. She would read while waiting for the green traffic light, she would read while waiting for her daughter at school and she would also read while waiting for the soup to simmer. I took the courage to follow exactly what she advised me to do. And look at what I have accomplished so far? Five books in a row!!!!

The books that I have read were as follows (in chronological order):
PS I Love You - Cecelia Ahern
Biarkan Aku Menangis - Norhayati Ibrahim
Labels - Harold Carlton
Confessions of A Shopaholic - Sophie Kinsella (yes, Boja, at last, I managed to start reading the series)
Shopaholic Takes Manhattan - Sophie Kinsella
Shopaholic Ties The Knot - Sophie Kinsella (currently reading and about to finish it)

I would read while waiting for Danish at school. I would read while waiting for my husband at the bank. I would read while waiting for my favourite TV shows. I would read before going to bed. I would read while waiting for my students. I would read while waiting for my clients at meetings.

I guess, that's how I managed to catch up on my reading......I felt obliged to tell you that it had been five years since I last read, yes, you read that correctly....five solid years!!!! I had been busy with my family, my fulltime job and other things that I didn't have the time to read at all for the past five years...hahahahhahaaaa......

Now that I have a little bit of my precious time to spare, I make it a point to catch up on things that I might have missed all the while....one of which is reading.

I am so glad that I'm able to read more nowadays......
and pssstt..I have a secret to tell you...
I've already bought all the Shopaholic series and that's one of the main reasons for my achievement. I can't just let them sit there on the shelf, can I? I've just got to read them because I've bought them and it would be such a waste of my better half's money if I just leave them alone...I don't have a job anymore, do I?...hihihihi....

Comments

Mummy Ryan said…
Kak Liza really envy u leh...me hor setiap bulan beli magazine tapi bila next mnth beli yg baru..yg bulan ni pun still tak habis baca..hw i wish to b like you...hu hu hu...
Mummy Ryan said…
Kak Liza feel free to drop by my blog : http/:mummyryan.blogspot.com
Nita said…
Hello Liza!

How are you?
I like the novels that you read. Esp. the one form cecilia ahern. Memang best. Hope all is good. Take care.

Nita
jabishah said…
Hi dikny,

I was waiting for the update & at last...!

Books! Welcome back to reading. Yes, I do exactly that too. Hardly part frm my books. Even Nadeen knows those books belong to me. She would walk with my book in her hand & say out, "mama! mama!". Cute je...

Now dikny, Im into picoult's. Again recommended by arwah shera.I still have afew of kinsella books (not shopaholic series). Let me know if you'd like to borrow. Can always pass them to my mom. She comes over every Wednesday.

Enjoy your books!
test said…
Congrats, you did it. Kacau je kitaorang ni kan.

Popular posts from this blog

Camner Ek?

8 Years Already...

I'm Just An Ordinary Woman